SVM 7.38% 69.0¢ sovereign metals limited

Ann: Change of Director's Interest Notice, page-8

1. 2ic
    5,892 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4879
    "but why do you do this over and over again?"... what are you talking about? In my very first post I said SVM was over valued at $300 MC and there were many risks to consider, which I listed as.

"Some factors to consider; clay levels/type, thin high-grades, often overlying thicker low grades, resource after top-cut, twin holes, stat analysis and interpolation between holes likely to be 1.2% Rt at best over meaningful areas, distance to port, high operating costs in Malawi, sovereign risk in Malawi, highly populated and fertile cropping land, community social discontent risk, lower margins likely than Sierra Rutile which are only modest.... all on top the usual funding/dilution/market risks of course."

I thought the latest Sprott broker report was way over the top and said so. In response @neutralopinions was pretty rude about my views to put it mildly and challenged me to back up my opinion. That is what I have and will continue doing through deeper research to make sure I wasn;t mistaken. So far I have:

Considered the grades, resource potential and likely mining reserve that will shake out in time. This included considering the reported grades rough and statistical analysis of results in conjunction with the geology and mineralisation distribution.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/posts/53182365/single

I sucked results into Google Maps to better understand the location of results in relation to high grades, low grades, spatial variability and location of population centres, infrastructure etc. In the following post I specifically poured cold water on the relevance and size potential of hole 508's 8m @ 2% Rt which the Sprott analysts was terribly excited about.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/posts/53206168/single

At this stage I was still copping criticism from neutralopinions which is totally fine... a holder defending their position by challenging my assumptions and research.Confronted with accusations of changing the subject to avoid scrutiny because I didn't know what I was doing, of course I' going deeper down the rabbit hole now. The below post examined the better grades and tonnage available from the best area drilled to date given drilling results, size and location. Analysis that goes a long way to fitting tight boundaries around what sort of mining resource SVM will be looking to wrap feasibility studies around.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/posts/53218384/single

Then in preparation to make a meaningful comparison of SVM's project with it's most obvious peer Sierra Rutile, I posted the physical similarities between the two projects (size, thickness, grade, high clay etc) and how similar a future mining resource SVM's Kaysia might have compared to Sembehun at Sierra Rutile.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/posts/53290933/single

Then in remarkable coincidence, ILU releases they have given SL's government 6 months notice that unless productivity improves they will close the SR mine and not develop Sembehun. Holders of course were only seeing the upside of rutile coming out of the market and prices flying. Given I mentioned African risk in my very first post, why shouldn't I post that mining troubles for western companies in a different poor corrupt African country is proof of my point. This news is a reminder to all investors why there is such a high discount applied to African projects, unless confirmation bias means one only see the good news.

Hope the above proves I am not just banging the same drum over again to be negative on SVM. This is a stock discussion sight and a place for investors (existing and potential new ones) to come and consider SVM. I simply object to the view HC should only be for holders to post bullish thoughts to each other. I'm interested in mineral sand plays right now (long one, short another min sand company), SVM is one of the projects I looked at.

Now I'm interested digging deeper, I'll keep posting what I find to support my initial views. That will include potential mining costs for SVM, capital costs, operating risks, mineral recoveries, product prices and timing of development. Once I'm satisfied I learned all I can, then I'll back off and only stick my head up when something of interest drops. If the price goes up or the company is taken over well done you, I'll be embarrassed. If the price falls and the project drags on confirming my view then I'll be satisfied to be right but not happy about anyone's losses.

Why would you be worried about someone posting facts and research that contradict the company's views? .... pretty obvious right.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SVM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
69.0¢
Change
-0.055(7.38%)
Mkt cap ! $412.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
73.5¢ 73.5¢ 67.5¢ $1.236M 1.768M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 64 69.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
69.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SVM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.