ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 757 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 254
    Well my vow to concentrate on other things lasted as long as my shower during which I was thinking of the past year... and am therefore announcing the...

HaastsEagle 2022 Personal (to me) Success-or-Otherwise-in-Investing-Awards:

The Millenials-Have-a-lot-to-Learn-Around-the-Speed-of-Global-Change-Award
    Going hard on WDS and ending the year with a nice free-carry.

The Its-Never-Wrong-to-take-Profits-Award
    Jointly for CAI at over $1 and ASM at over $13.

The I-am-Learning-to-Quit-Stocks-When-They-Strike-Trouble-Award
    SVY and AMI but both after getting significantly under water, albeit not as bad it could have been - hence the award.

The Trading-Spikes-to-Recover-Position-Award
    One clear winner being MAG which now owes me nothing (and yes I do note the inherent contradiction with the previous award).

The I-am-Too-Stupid/Old-to-Go-with-new-Things-Award
    Decrying the BRB lithium story through GL1 which would have been a multi-bagger and sticking with the gold which ended up moderately positive.

The People-with-Limited-Technical-Knowledge-Can-Still-Recognise-A-Macro-Trend-Award
    Identifying that inflation and cost of money were bound to impact explorers/developers with no cash-flow especially in WA and making decisions accordingly.

The I-Should-Have-Trusted-My-Judgement-Award
    For AIS where I went in hard at (almost) lows and then got cold feet.

The You-Cant-Go-Wrong-with-Copper/Gold-as-a Hedge-Against Chaos/Decarbonisation-Respectively-Award
    NCM from its lows.

The 2023-Is-Going-to-Make-It-Better-Award
    Undoubtedly ALK.

And finally with a more serious face. The one thing that I have no more clues about than when I started and which I think presents the best opportunities of all - how on earth do you work out which resource stocks to buy post discovery hole? Pure explorers are fun - you either do or you don't. Developers can be rewarding - the build process can generate ample rewards after resource has been identified but not much multi-bag stuff. But to avoid having to canvas every explorer the smart thing is to buy after discovery hole. But I just cant get a handle on that at all.

Once again, ATB... and lets keep it fun.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.