PVL 0.00% 4.6¢ powerhouse ventures limited

Some more notes from my research into the portfolio companies is...

1. 3,387 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4561
    Some more notes from my research into the portfolio companies is provided below. Of the "new book" I particularly like these 2 (Urbix & Liquid Instruments). Both are very advanced (relative to other VC plays) and so the line of sight to a liquidity event is easier and risk is arguably lower.

Liquid Instruments (~US$100m valuation)

PVL Investment Details:
    • PVL invested $400K USD in July 2022 in the Liquid Instruments Series B round ($50m raise)
    • This gives PVL 0.4% ownership of Liquid Instruments
    • The sizeable investment makes this PVL's 5th largest portfolio company (by carrying value), which also reflects the later stage (further progressed) nature of Liquid Instruments
    • Other investors include Acorn Capital, + strategics like Lockheed Martin Ventures, as well as Spirit Super/ANU Connect Ventures, MA Growth Ventures, Significant Capital Ventures and Boman Enterprises.

Progress:
    • Liquid Instruments is an innovator and market leader in Test & Measurement instrumentation - a $20B market across legacy and rapidly growing industries like Aerospace & Defence, Automotive, Connectivity and Semiconductor.
    • This is a very solid, post-revenue company progressing well (already at a ~US$100m valuation)
    • Liquid Instruments is the first to develop and commercialize proprietary “Instrument-on-Chip” technology with their Moku product range.
    • This software-defined, hardware-accelerated, cloud-connected instrumentation disrupts the old paradigm of heavy, expensive hardware boxes designed for single tasks.
    • PVL were provided with the opportunity to invest because of their technology networks with the ANU
    • Based on a TechCrunch Article, sales are up 4x in 2022 versus 2021 (400% YoY growth)

Future Outlook/Next Steps:

Liquid Instruments have a cash runway now for about 3 years. Yet, they are essentially very close to breakeven and could make themselves breakeven at any point. So this is all about execution now for them and it is a massive TAM. All of the major incumbents in this space are billion-dollar+ revenue companies. The duration to a liquidity event on Liquid Instruments should be faster than most other companies in the PVL portfolio. This investment is thus a strong juxtaposition with the "old book" of PVL investments (pre-Kruger); one has a clear line of sight to a liquidity event here versus some of the old book (pre 2020) which was hard to have a line of sight on, even in the medium term (5+ years)
    Last edited by T.E.P.: 04/01/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.554M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 7858 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 134615 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.