CE1 0.00% 1.0¢ calima energy limited

Thx mate, likewise with your posts. It is a bit of a dilemma. A...

1. 1,799 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1907
    Thx mate, likewise with your posts.

It is a bit of a dilemma. A question was asked to Freeman at the last webinar about corporate interest or buying shares and he said he wasn't able to answer that. That was a signal that discussions were ongoing or close. Much to my surprise/horror it was for the wrong assets. I would agree that recent purchases imply there is no imminent deal and if I'm being extremely cynical, which I can't help with this management team, they might be trying to get a few more votes to counter the shareholder outrage.

But, when an acquisition process starts, it typically leads to an outcome. Whether that's the desired outcome remains to be seen, but CE1 is definitely obtainable and in play. I'm sure previous suitors have up to date decks and with Montney gone, it's now cleaner to make a pure bid for the company compared with an asset sale. There's probably some tax benefits too by buying the equity vs the assets but it's too hard to know without understanding the potential buyers.

Regardless of what posters might think of CE1 and Blackspur, an acquisition at ~1.5x EBITDA for an oil roll up play makes a lot of sense, particularly if it's listed on the TSX. You'd double your money overnight and be able to be more diversified, so the risk profile theoretically drops too.

BTW I'll reach out and touch base at some stage on X

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CE1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.334M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.8¢ 1.0¢ 0.8¢ $66.23K 7.434M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 16074018 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 3293336 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CE1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.