MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

Our large graphite resource could have an in ground value of USD...

1. 989 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 773
    Our large graphite resource could have an in ground value of USD One billion plus. The USA is making grants in the hundreds of millions to secure supplies of China restricted minerals. See below --- They are also funding battery manufacturers So we may get two bites of the cherry.

The graphite lesson… expect more critical metal shortages Former geologist, James Cooper, warned investors ahead of China's shock announcement of export restrictions on graphite... So what's next?3RD NOV, 23PRINT WIRE James Cooper Fat Tail Investment Research FOLLOW CONTACT It’s been a big couple of weeks in mining circles and that’s being led by a surge in graphite stocks. As you might be aware, on 20th October, authorities in China announced export restrictions over refined graphite…It’s aimed specifically at the electric vehicle market, graphite anode material used in EV batteries. Never miss an update Get the latest insights from me in your inbox when they’re published. FOLLOW But as a long term reader, I’m sure this announcement hasn’t come as a surprise to you. In fact, I warned readers of Livewire in early October… “Key Question: Which critical metal will China Ban next?” Graphite and rare earths were the two commodities I flagged as the most likely contenders… That’s because China dominates the supply of these two key minerals. We saw the first shot fired in July after export restrictions were placed over gallium and germanium, key commodities in the manufacture of semiconductors. Another warning sign… the US Department of Defence has steadily poured billions into critical metal projects over the last 12 months as it scrambles to secure alternative supplies. The Australian rare earth producer Lynas (ASX: LYC) was one of the big benefactors of the departments attempt to boost domestic supply. LYC received $120 million last year as part of a deal to build processing facilities on US soil. But that deal was sweetened after China’s germanium and gallium export restriction, the company received a further $258 million in August. Deals like this have barely raised an eyebrow… That’s why last month’s graphite export tightening shocked the market into panic buying…Since the announcement, graphite producer, Syrah Resources (ASX: SYR) has climbed more than 60%.Conditions change rapidly in the commodity market, that’s why you should be positioning your portfolio ahead of these events.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.