AGY 4.00% 12.0¢ argosy minerals limited

This is just a completely absurd $traw m@n argument. Literally...

1. 5,349 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2083
    This is just a completely absurd $traw m@n argument. Literally no one claimed it is 100% or zero. No one has claimed they have made zero progress, but they have substantiated zero progress. I presume they have made some progress, but there is literally zero demonstration of quantified progress in over four years. Once again because you've missed it every previous time, please pay attention this time: there no doubt has been some amount of progress made, but not in any way we can quantify.

Also, there are plenty of ways you can quantify progress between not having started and being at nameplate. Like, say, getting production up to a measly 10% of nameplate. It would still be a very long way off commercial viability or proving they can actually ever do it, but it would be a massive improvement from what they've achieved so far. As things currently stand, they have a plant which operates no better than a scaled up version of the one which worked so poorly that they abandoned it. Noting that they never even told us why they couldn't get that one to work (was it a filtration issue? Was it other things? We don't know! They just pretended it worked after it failed to do all of what it was supposed to do, especially that whole operating at nameplate part. They haven't even told us if the 2KTPA has solved any problems which the 500TPA plant didn't - it's a bit awkward now because they called the pilot plant a "success" but let's face it, my friend's pet goldfish which died when we were four years old can see that a lot of the problems they're trying to solve with the current plant were never solved in the pilot plant.

However much progress has been made, we can quantify zero of it.

gcar: You say there has been all this progress with various issues... what issues? The only one you name is the filtration circuit. You cite calling in external consultants as evidence of progress... I'd agree that it consituted progress if there had been any demonstrated progress, but there hasn't been. All it shows is that they couldn't do it themselves, and by your own standards, progress has been minimal. It's funny that you specifically said it would be evidence of "limited progress" if production wasn't significantly increased last quarter, and now you act like Rob is out of line for calling out the limited progress, even though that was by your own standards.

And absolutely, “filtration rates and product throughput (are) improving consistently”, and that “test-work results are progressively advancing toward near-optimal operational parameters” could be said in the absence of substantial progress. Nothing about the statement is quantified. 'Improving consistently' is entirely vague, it doesn't give any target date and even if it did, coming from AGY it would be meaningless. You could truthfully make this statement if any amount of progress at all, no matter how insignificant and slow, was being made. It's exactly the sort of statement they have been making for all these years of not demonstrating any progress.

You say I sold out near the low despite it being more than double the low and significantly higher than where it is now. I could buy back now for a lot less than I sold out for. I obviously do not regret selling, and if I did I could buy back in now for a lower price.

I don't think I am going to influence the price at all, not a pip. If you think that's my plan or hope, it says plenty about your own goals as an absolutely incredible over the top constant ramper who puts a positive spin on absolutely everything no matter how dismal and in all these years has never taken a balanced stance even in all the years of missed deadlines and terrible results. I think most people here are taking part in the conversation because they're interested in learning and in having a conversation, not trying to influence the share price, but your accusation of others trying to influence the share price highlights the way you see things and presumably your own goals. I'll openly state that I have no intention of buying until/unless AGY shows some tangible, quantified progress. The price can do what it wants in the mean time, I don't want to buy, let alone care about trying to influence the price.

It is absolutely comical that you accuse me of using language to elicit emotive responses. If hypocrisy itself was a woman and she had a baby with a pot which called kettles black, that baby would be amazed at your level of hypocrisy and projection.

Incidentally, for those who were commenting on my travel itinerary, I'll be taking a seven hour bus ride to a village in a rural area tomorrow, I just bought a new phone yesterday, it has a big battery and it'll be fully charged.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $168.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 13.0¢ 12.0¢ $235.2K 1.876M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
29 956840 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 19944 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
12.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
12.8¢ 12.8¢ 12.3¢ 1090017
Last updated 16.00pm 03/05/2024 ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.