AGY 4.00% 12.0¢ argosy minerals limited

AGY may have been dishing out spoons of $#!t, but unlike you I...

1. 5,349 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2083
    AGY may have been dishing out spoons of $#!t, but unlike you I don't choose to close my eyes and eat whatever is dished out without question. This reminds me of when you mocked me years ago for saying we wouldn't have the permit as quickly as you said (years ago now) with you citing company guidance, which I said I didn't believe.

If you want to blindly believe company guidance and claims, take a look at the last five years of announcements and tell me how that would have gone and tell me what has changed now.

The company literally states that the pilot plant did what it was supposed to, and you repeat this claim, despite the fact that it did not do what the company said it would before it had failed.

You say the 'evolving market' is the excuse for the pilot plant not doing what they originally said (demonstrating production at scale and generating revenue, literally the main two purposes it had, not some minor details). The 'evolving market' massively increased lithium prices! Hardly a good reason to abandon a facility designed to produce something! I'm not sure if you're dishonest or deluded but either way, what you're saying is absurd.

Okay, let's look at your car repair analogy. This is your analogy, not mine.

So Bazza takes his car to get repaired, he gets a quote, he is given a time frame. The mechanic says that after two weeks the car will be drivable and then after another two weeks he can bring the car back for panel beating and an upgraded transmission. Two months later, the mechanic has not got the car running, but asks for more money. Bazza gives the mechanic more money. Another two months pass, the car is still not running and the mechanic says progress is good, he's actually not going to do the panel beating because it's not important and hes waiting for parts for the transmission. Another two months later the parts have still not arrived, the car is not running. Bazza crashes the car he has been driving while waiting and takes this one to the mechanic. The mechanic says the first one was running but is getting repaired elsewhere, the repairs on the second car haven't happened after a year despite the mechanic saying they would be completed within two weeks, maybe three. The mechanic says the money is nearly exhausted and Bazza realises he is going to have to pay more money soon to keep the work progressing, but there has been no evidence so far of any work being done despite it costing far more than the initial quote and being years behind schedule.

Shazza bashes Bazza for not demanding his car back and going to another mechanic.

Sure, if you take your car to the mechanic it may take a bit longer or be more expensive than the original estimate, but if the mechanic says he is going to do something and then says it wasn't that important even though it was the main priority initially, and the cost blows out tremendously and no work is done for long enough and there is zero evidence of any progress despite it being several months beyond the agreed date, at some point you're going to be displeased. You don't care about no demonstration of progress within a reasonable time frame (and back in 2022 I was defending AGY while others were complaining about a lack of demonstrated progress, using a car analogy back then!) but now in 2024 the car analogy looks *really* bad with zero demonstrated progress.

At what point would you want to see *some* actual evidence of progress? Another month? Another year? Another decade? It's currently literally approximately half a decade since the last evidence of any progress at all. What time frame is acceptable to you? With a car you might say a week or two, maybe a month or two in some cases, and telling someone they are not a mechanic so they shouldn't complain would not be appropriate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $168.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 13.0¢ 12.0¢ $235.2K 1.876M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
29 956840 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 19944 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
12.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
12.8¢ 12.8¢ 12.3¢ 1090017
Last updated 16.00pm 03/05/2024 ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.