IEL 0.91% $16.33 idp education limited

So Ms. Ariane Marie Barker has just spent a cool $136k with...

1. 321 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 101
    So Ms. Ariane Marie Barker has just spent a cool $136k with on-market purchases. In less than 12 months (with such a 'dire' outlook), Directors and Management have coughed up almost half a million in shares purchased on-market. That's quite impressive.

I think that the nay-sayers and the non-nay-sayers make really valid points. But who are we and what expertise do we have in markets? Using myself as an example, I'm a retail investor who earns a decent salary that is above the average wage. But I don't earn a 6 figure salary, so I'm kind of watchful in what I buy. I first bought into IEL prior to their recent results and sold out not long after.

I recently got back in at the 16 dollar mark. There's aspects of the business that I don't like, but ultimately I've conceded that I'm a contrarian investor. I like to buy these businesses when they're getting slapped around and because I'm not a trader, I try to hang on (which is a contradiction to my earlier comment). So, conceding that I have no expertise in the markets, I'd like to draw your attention to the profile of Ms. Barker - who does have expertise in the markets and just forked out way more than what I earn in a year (which is probably chicken feed for herself, but still an decent investment for a dwindling valuation nonetheless).

So who is Ms. Barker?

"Ms Barker is Chair of the Risk Committee. She has experience in international finance, risk management, debt and equity capital markets and venture capital, with over 20 years in senior executive roles at JBWere (part of National Australia Bank), Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs and HSBC in the United States, Europe, Japan, Hong Kong and Australia. She was previously the CEO of Scale Investors from 2017 to February 2021."

I reckon she'd know a thing or two and I'm happy to follow her lead at this point in time. Or maybe she's just gullible.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$16.33
Change
-0.150(0.91%)
Mkt cap ! $4.514B
Open High Low Value Volume
$16.39 $16.42 $16.18 $2.952M 180.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 3875 $16.32

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$16.34 447 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.02am 09/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$16.31
  Change
-0.150 ( 1.15 %)
Open High Low Volume
$16.39 $16.42 $16.18 17164
Last updated 11.21am 09/05/2024 ?
IEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.