SYR 3.39% 28.5¢ syrah resources limited

This also has me rather perplexed. Shortseller count is...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 4,681 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 446
    This also has me rather perplexed. Shortseller count is dropping, just like the share price. I made an analysis on the general discussion threads speculating why this could be. Link is here for anyone interested. It is almost as if the big shorters know something big is coming which will drastically affect their positions and smells like they are reducing their risk for whatever is coming. Prices have significantly moved to the upside when prices were supported each time in the low to mid 40's (cents). I mean if the stock was going to ZERO no matter how much prices come down, Shorts would be convicted and continually add regardless.

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/general-discussion.7655975/page-1228?post_id=73689383I also feel the same in regards to making SYR purchases to the long side. Whenever I have traded it, I have usually picked the right direction but almost each time I entered, I faced a drawdown. This tells me I am always premature on my entry and see bullish/bearish signs earlier than most.

Prices today have closed on a DOJI which indicates reversals at key levels of support or resistance. After 5 consecutive red days, today managed to ease alittle. I was tempted for another entry but have remained fearful due to many miss-timed entries. Friday Special short squeeze would be ideal and I would feel more comfortable in taking an entry then.

Attached is a chart below highlighting what I mean. Also important to note, the only time SYRAH gaps up in price, is when the price is already moving UP! It RARELY gaps UP when prices are being sold down! Also each time it gapped up significantly was mostly around News Catalysts. UNLESS Syrah can put out significant news, only then I suspect prices will gap up. Otherwise, we will need to wait for prices to move up before considering an entry again.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6159/6159859-94f48c1a3ad3e60f2c250ae4e26d56b1.jpg
    It has been a frustrating stock to enter to the longside, even though I have miss-timed entries and saved myself from losses I also dislike the Order Book and how deceptive it is. I still have not been able to identify any key patterns for an edge, and I have been trading since 2017 watching order flow and trying to take advantage of the market depth. I have been closely watching this since 20th October 2023 and the only real pattern SYR has EVER been consistent with on the order book is:
    1) The Sell Side has ALWAYS been most times MORE than the Buy Side ie 2.3M buyers vs 4M Sellers
    2) The Buy Side mostly ALWAYS had larger sized orders than what sellers showed ie 500k Buyer vs 150k seller
    3) Buy Side generally stacked with Buy To Cover orders from ShortSellers hence we see larger buys there right now
    4) Despite smaller sized orders of sellers, there is offscreen selling larger than what they show on the book.

Complete grubs. No edge, complete deception and therefore Goldman can suck my Sachs tongue.png therefore the only edge I have found is to actually let the price PUSH UP. No bottom picking, no guessing. Let the market maker lift it up, then I follow.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6159/6159863-83f9ffc634efeb7b71552cc4cd777b4d.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.