UOS 1.79% 55.0¢ united overseas australia limited

Not sure exactly what you'd like me to comment on. With roughly...

1. 463 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 91
    Not sure exactly what you'd like me to comment on. With roughly 95% DRP participation, the directors' ownership is not exactly advancing at a particularly fast rate. If they pay about 30% of earnings as dividends, their ownership will creep by only a fraction of a point each year.

An investment in UOS is a bet on the integrity of the two key directors. For nearly 30 years, it's been a bet well worth making. Not sure why they would suddenly start to do the wrong thing by their shareholders after such a long time.

At 48.5c, you are paying about 60c on the NTA dollar. A couple of times in their history, they've traded near NTA. I reckon at some stage in the next 10 or 15 years, they probably will again.

In the meantime, I get a company that has grown per share NTA by about 14 or 15% per annum for the last 10 years (despite the heavy dilution from a big DRP), has the great majority of their market capitalisation backed by cash & hasn't revalued most of their assets for a few years in a declining interest rate environment.

I sleep pretty well at night with my capital at work here - Eternalgrowth

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UOS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
55.0¢
Change
-0.010(1.79%)
Mkt cap ! $183.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
56.0¢ 56.0¢ 55.0¢ $7.027K 12.64K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 48133 55.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
56.5¢ 10346 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
UOS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.