A3D 5.00% 6.3¢ aurora labs limited

Ann: Change to Remuneration Package of Managing Director, page-72

1. 36 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    I am still not convinced by the numbers they are promoting :

A typical laser spot in ALM produces 150µm width weld beads, if we consider a 100µm layer thickness (wich is high compared to a typical 50µm) and a 2000mm/s (high speed parameters that requires >200W lasers).

A single laser ( in continuous melting, which is not true) would be able to melt 0.225g of steel per second (7.5g/cm3).

That means 20kg/day approximately per laser.

As they announced 350kg/day, it would need 18 simultaneous lasers working together.
    For a ton a day that means 51 Lasers !

And this is in continuous melting, which never occurs as they are Always downtime for cooling/recoater movement/trajectory jump etc..

On the market, the biggest existing machines goes up to 4 lasers (SLM announces 12 but I Don't think they have shown any real sales/machines). And it is already complicated to obtain the correct alignement between each laser.

Even with higher power fiber lasers (500W and >50k$/laser) and big laser spots (which would decrease resolution and material quality) I Don't see a way to get to those figures.

For the shares to rise and Bulge to get his options he would need to show a real video of the process proving those figures.
    Maybe he is not willing to share to much before the vote of this change to remuneration package ?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A3D (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.3¢
Change
0.003(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $22.85M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.0¢ 6.3¢ 6.0¢ $40.38K 670.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 46388 6.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.3¢ 109998 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
A3D (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.