CFO 0.00% 0.2¢ cfoam limited

The sudden departure of Alain is ringing warning bells to me....

1. 126 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    The sudden departure of Alain is ringing warning bells to me. When he joined the company he was heralded as being the man to transform its operations to a point where sales would significantly increase. In the announcement on 10/7/2017, it stated,

"Mr. Bouruet-Aubertot’s past roles include President, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Minteq International, Inc (“Minteq” which grew to a US$400m revenue per year subsidiary of NYSE listed Minerals Technology Inc. (“MTX” at the time of his departure.

MTX is a leading global supplier of mineral-based refractory materials and systems, metallurgical and advanced carbon products. At MTX Mr. Bouruet-Aubertot role included directing 1,300 employees and twenty manufacturing plants on six continents, with full responsibility for business strategy and P&L. "

It is evident that he came to the company with a pretty good track record and yet he leaves CFO unexpectedly and so close to the quarterly and so soon after receiving a significant handout of shares. There have been hints that the sales pipeline is starting to gain momentum so why wouldn't he hang around to take the credit for the transformation of the company.
    We now know that the links to Touchstone is being strengthened but wasn't it already strong? Wasn't the plan to increase sales away from Touchstone?
    When Alain joined the company the share price was 28 cents, today 16 cents. This doesn't give me great confidence that the quarterly is going to be something special. Did Alain bail because he isn't happy with the progress to sales? Did the right person bail or should it be the other directors who should be moving on.

I hope I am wrong. I'm looking forward to the quarterly and that will either confirm or erase my concerns. I think that the product has enormous potential, we just need the right people to drive the company towards meaningful sales.
    Sentiment: currently hold but ready to cut my losses with an average quarterly!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.