KCN 1.53% $1.33 kingsgate consolidated limited.

Ann: Chatree Gold Mine Update, page-68

1. 6,022 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1469
    2.5 years ago:
    "The Deputy Prime Minister has urged the management of mineral resources to yield maximum benefits, while good governance and public participation must be crucial parts of the process."
    "DPM Gen Prawit urged the Department of Mineral Resources and the Department of Primary Industries and Mines to promote environmentally friendly mining and good governance, by raising awareness among the public, with the aim of gaining their cooperation in the government’s projects for sustainable development of the country."

I think they want maximum royalties, but also to minimise public protests, which in the case of KCN, Prayut shutting down the mine to appease the protestors, turned out to be a drawn-out embarrassment instead of a PR coup.

The royalty scheme is still extreme in my view. It gets worse and worse every year as gold rises with inflation. In 10 years time for example, it would likely be world-leading high royalty rates - expropriation by 'waiting' for inflation to change the progressive royalty rates. I hope that management have negotiated 5-10 years of discounted rates.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KCN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.33
Change
0.020(1.53%)
Mkt cap ! $342.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.32 $1.36 $1.31 $256.1K 192.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8840 $1.32

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.34 2089 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KCN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.