FMG 3.09% $17.34 fortescue ltd

teenbanger, it appears FMG have 2 targets at present. 55mt to...

1. 1,944 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 64
    teenbanger, it appears FMG have 2 targets at present. 55mt to 155mt by 2013 and 356mt by 2015+.

The new rail infrastructure is in part a JV with API. This will lead to the new Port. As to who will take the lead in that the WA govt has not yet announced. It will be interesting to see who they go with. From apparent reports it seems API will need the port by 2014, FMG not until 2015. Although with FMG's aggressive targeting and meeting those targets that could change perhaps.

A couple of positives I see out of FMG's loss to BHP and RIO in the use of rail infrastructure is the precedence that has been set with ownership and usage rights. This means that any smaller mines are going to have to pay whatever FMG want to use their rail infrastructure. Or even perhaps not allow usuage if they want to consider a future takeover and keep the SP price of such company down due to higher operating costs for it.

RIO wants to expand their Pilbara operations, however FMG owns the rights to massive tracks of land in strategic locations. So it will be interesting to see what happens in the future.

IMO FMG's future in that region are not only bright, they are incandescent. Basically an excellent management with an excellent business plan and fiscal policies. It will take time, but I see this at present as an excellent value add to my portfolio.

As always DYOR and good luck.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.34
Change
0.520(3.09%)
Mkt cap ! $53.38B
Open High Low Value Volume
$17.31 $17.51 $17.00 $309.6M 17.18M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 300 $17.33

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$17.35 28897 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.