PAR 3.23% 30.0¢ paradigm biopharmaceuticals limited..

Ann: CHIKV study data published in Peer-Reviewed Journal, page-21

1. 85 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    Oh of course it can affect others outside the 60+ yr age range. I myself am 32 and suffer grade 4 OA and is actually how I found out about PAR - searching for alternate treatments outside of further operations. The matter of fact is that the majority of people who have cartilage degeneration severe enough to drastically impact daily activity would be as age increases. Does this mean that others don't suffer terrible forms of OA at a lower level.. of course not!

Although osteoarthritis affects people of all ages, the prevalence increases sharply from the age of 45 years. 1 in 5 Australians (22%) over the age of 45 have osteoarthritis. It is most common in adults aged 75 and over, with just over one-third (36%) of people in this age group experiencing the condition -https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/chronic-musculoskeletal-conditions/osteoarthritis/contents/what-is-osteoarthritis

So maybe I was a bit off with the age at the midpoint mark.. but you can see the prevalence at 55+ is quite astonishing.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3586/3586457-4ec13dd0ac98481e99d92a5171685786.jpg
    In reality I actually see a huge market for iPPS for people with lower symptoms of OA as part of a management plan. It just depends which way Drs will swing when it comes to which management step they use first. Does the Dr say, use Panadol Osteo first, if that doesnt work we can try mobic, and if that doesn't work then we can try iPPS? I know my surgeon wanted to try every oral tablet under sun before he wanted to give me Hyaluronic Acid Injections. Maybe it depends at what level OA they identify - but in this instance I was identified to have level 4 OA and was still taken down that route of drug therapy because it is what the Drs know and what they are comfortable with. Battling inertia within health care practice and settings will be a big hurdle. The fact of the matter still stands that once you start getting into the age bracket of 65-74 (using age brackets in above graph), people start to be on more and more prescribed drugs. It just made me wonder what type of drug interactions could occur with the use of iPPS. Now I don't know how many people over the age of 60/70/80 yrs old rely on medication as a percentage, but I can tell you as a Nurse that deals with these age groups on a regular basis, a lot of them rely on taking daily medication particularly around hypertension and cholesterol. I think drug interactions between iPPS and other drugs may be a good research topic for me to delve into unless someone has already done the hard work...
    Last edited by Ganbaatar: 16/09/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
30.0¢
Change
-0.010(3.23%)
Mkt cap ! $105.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
30.5¢ 30.5¢ 30.0¢ $16.01K 52.82K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 141143 30.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
30.5¢ 10606 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.56pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.