CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

re: Ann: China UCG Joint Venture Announces Fi... This is...

1. 6,299 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2503
    re: Ann: China UCG Joint Venture Announces Fi... This is actually incredibly exciting news for me, because unlike all previous UCG deals by all three first-wave companies this is PURELY a gas offtake agreement.

All Cougar is going to do is produce the gas and sell it to another company. That's where Cougar's responsibility stops.

This is exciting because it opens a whole new world of opportunities - instead of being like Linc and Carbon and trying to perfect an industrial process.

And that's why they're looking to be in commercial production by 2012.

Maybe the rewards aren't as great as for GTL, fertiliser or methanation, but a large number of lower-profit operations earn just as much money as a single high-profit operation. And at this rate, Cougar could be earning money while LNC and CNX are still messing around trying to perfect their technology.

Linc was aiming for 2015 for commercial production IIRC. 10 years after starting on the GTL project. But CXY is aiming to have this one done in just two years. And of course, nothing stops Cougar pursuing its longer-term goal too.

Don't know what everyone else thinks, but I think this is great news!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.