IBG 11.1% 0.4¢ ironbark zinc ltd

This is the way I read the announcement, and the reason I sold...

1. 1,420 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1234
    This is the way I read the announcement, and the reason I sold today.

EXIM finance is dependent on IBG raising equity. IBG haven’t been able to raise the equity, hence FID delay. If they haven’t been able to raise the equity by now, I can’t see them raising it in future, without significant change in mkt sentiment.

So the “reset”, IMHO, is shareholders have to accept a new strategy, which from the announcement appears to be considering three options:

1.Further prove up the resource. This is a dreadful idea. It’ll keep them in jobs, but won’t add any value, only kill the SP with endless CRs. If the resource isn’t good enough now, more drilling won’t help.

2.Two look for other options to provide shareholder returns (takeover, selling majority ownership, etc). This sounds great, but is unlikely to succeed. If they couldn’t attract equity for part of the project, why would anyone stump up for the whole lot?

3.Keep the whole lot under care and maintenance, until the situation improves. This might mean nothing happens for years, or even a decade.

There is still an outside chance a partner might come on board, or EXIM offers even more favourable terms. But in my opinion, they’ve given it a red hot go, and come up empty handed, which is why I bailed.

The more likely outcome, IMHO, is they’ll do a CR for some modest drilling, to keep themselves busy, and the project will languish for more years, with the SP declining under ongoing dilution.

For those remaining, I hope I’m wrong.

Forgot to change my sentiment to not held, none.

Last edited by redapplecarts: 11/08/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IBG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
-0.001(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $6.375M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $53 13.27K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 10987351 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 1400000 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.5¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.4¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ 218633
Last updated 15.25pm 16/05/2024 ?
IBG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.