SXY 0.00% $4.60 senex energy limited

Ann: Civil works commence for Surat Basin drilling program, page-5

1. 1,669 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 484
    I think the pending outcome of the NSW State election is what we are seeing play out with Senex ATM.
    The value of SXY gas assets are influenced by whether Santos Narrabri field will be developed.
    NSW Labour have publicly stated they want to stop Narrabri from being developed and its my opinion that once we get a result next week on which party will rule NSW then you will get some movement in the SP of Senex.
    Despite what STO are saying to Govt's ..... they know that Narrabri gas is headed to Gladstone for export. I mean GLNG is only running at circa 50% capacity i have been told, given it can not source gas at an acceptable wholesale price.
    STO paid about $1billion for Narrabri so you can just imagine the pressure being applied behind the scenes leading up to the election.
    According to sports bet Libs currently in front paying $1.50 and Labour out to $2.25
    So MAYBE Santos might get the result they want.
    On the other hand if Labour win the voters in NSW will get higher gas prices instead of a new stadium. So the money they save on not having to pay higher match ticket prices they can put towards their higher electricity prices. Cool !!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.