SRL 2.52% 58.0¢ sunrise energy metals limited

Thanks for the reply @bdigiiOk, so I was going by total % of...

1. 1,001 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 147
    Thanks for the reply @bdigii

Ok, so I was going by total % of stock shorted (5.5%), while you are talking about percentage of daily trade volume (20 or so %). Please excuse my ignorance on shorting but I'm not up to speed on the implications of volume vs total stock shorts. To me it appears as if most of the investment in CLQ is NOT shorted - so most investors are long on the stock, but of those shares being traded to and fro daily, a lot are shorted. So people are either buying short positions OR selling short positions (do we know which?), and this makes up 20% of the action.

So of this shorting, if I understand you correctly, you're saying that pros are using shorting as a mechanism for holding down SP, with the intention of accumulating shares on the cheap. I understand shorting in general - borrowing shares which one believes will depreciate and profiting from this when the SP drops. But how are you proposing shorting works as manipulation with CLQ? I know how bots do that, and down-rampers with many usernames etc etc. But shorting - I don't see how it works to cap a stock - unless a very powerful interest is willing to short a stock (say oil companies shorting Tesla - which is rumoured) and are happy to loose vast amounts of money in the process, to achieve the goal of stymying the company's ability to raise capital by creating a misleading impression that a large % of investors see the stock as overvalued. With CLQ, assuming you are talking about regular bot traders and the like, would the daily shorting really disuade investors? And if in general, the market becomes more interested in nickel, and thus CLQ, and starts buying more shares than are being sold, the price goes up. Then, shorters have to cover their positions because they are not oil companies willing to throw away money? And I right, or am I left?

Obviously I have much to read up on shorting! Cheers in advance for any thoughts/shorting education from anyone on this forum.

I have a small position in CLQ so trying to understand what long term holders see as going on. I have bought into a bunch of nickel companies which look to be relatively cheap, the idea being that across all of them, some doing well, some not so much, I'll make a decent profit over the next year in what I see as a clear rising tide for Nickel.

Cheers all,

Solarbat

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.