RSG 0.69% 72.0¢ resolute mining limited

interesting that DCN have started using a metric called AIC...

1. nk
    3,100 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 136
    interesting that DCN have started using a metric called AIC which is AISC plus the kitchen sink, that is everything, though it seems to exclude royalties

I don't trust the AISC figures bandied around by miners, esp underground gold miners.The AISC includes amortisation but that depends on mine life which depends on grade, confidence, the cost enviroment and the gold price. Underground development costs are huge .

In West Australia its pretty clear labour and drilling costs are rising. I know that because I talk to guys on FIFO contracts and own shares in drilling companies. Not only that to be successful you need the best workers. An very experienced airleg miner told me a few years ago that he didn't fear rockfall, he feared the inexperienced staff he had to work with.

As for Africa , you can throw tribes into the equation. I remember talking to a management troubleshooter who told me a West Aussie outfit with a mine in West Africa had made the very expensive error of employing locals from different tribes who DID NOT GET ON. They don't report that in the quarterlies.

So many hazards to navigate for the mining speculator... what to do...well use a stop loss for starters and shoot first ask questions later is a good approach which is why at the slightest hint of a problem a lot of these stocks take big drops suddenly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RSG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
72.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.69%)
Mkt cap ! $1.532B
Open High Low Value Volume
74.5¢ 74.5¢ 71.8¢ $15.82M 21.68M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 419212 71.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
72.5¢ 270718 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RSG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.