CUV 2.48% $14.05 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

Ann: CLINUVEL included in S&P/ASX 200 Index, page-28

1. 1,102 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 490
    I think you and Andyat are both correct. Just recently on one particular day there was well over 500 - 1000k shares traded in auction which appeared out of nowhere (sorry I'm not more specific regarding date etc). The book gave no indication to this amount of shares up for trade. So I believe to a certain extent that there will be lots of dealmaking behind the scene and we will see a hell of a lot of shares traded in auction after 4.00pm Friday this week. What is unknown is how many shares will be on offer to those index funds on the last day before inclusion. Clearly there is significant demand as evidenced this week, if the float was known on the last day then this would I think give a good indication of where the share price will move perhaps?

I also believe that index funds don't wait until the last minute to buy shares just because they are supposed to be a non active fund. The only thing that is robotic is algorithms. there is still human influence in the decisions that govern trades. Indeed, some funds have been active already in acquiring CUV shares well before the ASX inclusion date, which says to me that the humans at these funds are watching with twitchy fingers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.05
Change
0.340(2.48%)
Mkt cap ! $703.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.90 $14.20 $13.71 $727.8K 51.88K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 167 $13.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.06 789 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CUV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.