CLW 0.57% $3.52 charter hall long wale reit

I reckon that it’s magnificent you are keeping track of your...

1. 2,633 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 83
    I reckon that it’s magnificent you are keeping track of your portfolio against the index. Doesn’t matter if your portfolio is out performing under performing or equalling the index the first step is measuring performance.

I don’t keep a graph, but I keep a running total and at the moment it’s 6.5% over the All ordinaries over about 4 1/2 years. For the first couple of years I had changed the way I was measuring so with a possible deviation or error adjustment you would say about 4% over (eg cash balance or budget cash average over 6 minths etc….).

after the flash crash a few years ago It was over 10% but that was just stupid luck because I transferred a fair amount into cash bonds just prior to the flash crash and then started buying.

a couple of years ago I badly underperformed the index for about two years (went down about 7%) simply because the resource holdings I had we’re insufficient (BHP etc).

I now see the value of having sufficient holdings in resources. Generally I fine now that I will match index -3% or +3% And this has been the case now for at least 12 months.

my hat off to you, sir for keeping a record. It’s superior to mine.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.52
Change
0.020(0.57%)
Mkt cap ! $2.530B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.50 $3.52 $3.47 $1.140M 325.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
29 50081 $3.51

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.52 140 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.54pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CLW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.