FAR 0.00% 50.0¢ far limited

Ann: CNOOC acquires 55.55% of Svenska's interest in Guinea Bissau, page-55

1. 13,293 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1234
    There is also an element of luck involved as averaging down has its risks on certain shares.
    For example, BRU was a share I averaged down hard on and it was only when a rights issue happened at 15 cents where you could get as many as one wanted which ultimately resulted in a doubling of SP and a chance to get out with losses very limited, now I just trade it to recoup the rest.
    With FAR my average was 8 cents so when it got there recently I sold half then re bought at 6.5/6.1/6 cents and average now below 7 cents, so sometimes it works quite well as you can buy more with the same capital at lower prices.
    The luck comes in when one manages to sell high and buy low.
    Plenty investors do that though for reasons explained.

I just don't see the point of holding a share for over 10 years though where its basically the same price when first bought or inflation and dilution has turned that investment into a loss.
    Seemingly it does not seem to worry some on here that they just watch their investment continually go down the drain and do nothing about it.
    Welded on, rusted on or a love affair with FAR does not explain their investment strategy though when making a profit gets further away.
    Most investors rely on stop/loss strategy or some have a price they sell at which is probably a better strategy than being welded, rusted or just loving a company.

All I read here lately is sell if management stinks or why buy more when management stinks which is naïve as one can get when discussing investment strategies as it just shows some have no understanding of turning some sort of profit and are lost in singing the praises of management for whatever motives.
    We are on the FAR thread though and some are quite happy with their lot at sub 6 cents and not much cash and no sign of finance and PE next year to save their bacon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $46.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.0¢ 50.0¢ 50.0¢ $2.305K 4.609K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 17688 50.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
50.5¢ 88712 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.