CKA 4.00% 7.2¢ cokal limited

A thing about activism is that -- you have to be loud and noisy...

1. 454 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    A thing about activism is that -- you have to be loud and noisy to make your voice hear to some company management. I have heard personally from a few people here who told me - it seems the management took my comments seriously and decided to act. Whatever the truth behind that, atleast the management has done what they should have done 18 months back -- lease barges, if they cant buy, instead of endlessly waiting for the customer to come with their barges and pick up coal.

Positive news flow (I bought some) -- but company no where close to out of the woods yet. Still lots of issues to resolve and cash flow bridge to solidify before things turn around. In 2-3 months, river runs dry for barges to come to Batu Tuhup.

2 barges running 2 loads a month = 15,000 tonnes a months.
    Do that over 3-4 months before barging stops = 50-60k tonnes of coal.
    At $40/t pre-tax margin (remember early coal costs will be very very high, inefficient coal transport, high OBR, inefficient barging, higher loading/unloading costs etct ect) = ~US$2 million in next cash inflow. Nice to have cash flow, but not nearly enough to complete the conveyor, road etc.

IF barging stops between June - November (which most likely it will) then the stock will continue to be around 10cents.

So back to saying -- good updates on getting the barges leased and first coal on its way out. Lots lots more to do.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CKA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.2¢
Change
-0.003(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $77.68M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.3¢ 7.7¢ 7.2¢ $35.05K 477.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 69401 7.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.6¢ 36842 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CKA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.