RFX 4.55% 10.5¢ redflow limited

Ann: Collaborative Test Program-RFX.AX, page-76

1. 335 Posts.
    given that the ZCell isn't fully launched yet its understandable that its not part of the trial.

the key thing is that the industry in general will be conducting evaluations of storage options and technologies (and be working together on this) as naturally everyone is interested - from the consumer, to the installer, to the grid operator, to the datacenter operator etc. what the best technologies/brands are.

as long as RFX makes a good impression in the trials its selected for this will translate in to sales.

my prediction - the flow battery trials (e.g. at microsoft) will fare better than the lithium batteries (e.g. in ACT), in particular, the capacity fade of the lithium batteries will be well documented. Of the flow batteries, Redflow will come ahead in both cost, density as well as versatility (scales from a single ZCell to grid-scale LSBs).

These types of tests wouldn't be needed if all companies were as honest as Redflow as to their internal testing results. One of the reasons I started investing in Redflow was because they were the only company to show the capacity fade graphs (a few years back when they were still improving the electrode surface and capacity faded quite early). Why is it that none of the other manufacturers, lithium or flow-battery, have released similar graphs? Imergy claimed unlimited cycles from what I recall, and now they've gone bust. If they truly offered unlimited cycle-life, they would be hailed a break-through and be thriving.

the more trials we see in the industry, no matter what technology, the better, as it will allow customers to compare Redflow against the competition, without marketing bias.
    Last edited by NewEconomy: 18/08/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
-0.005(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $27.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.5¢ 11.5¢ 10.5¢ $3.086K 27.77K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 134051 10.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.5¢ 2134 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RFX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.