NHC 0.00% $4.94 new hope corporation limited

Ann: Colton Project Update, page-3

1. 10,599 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1396
    Perhaps more that it was previously flagged by NHC, as it noted today.

On 9 May 2022 when NHC made its most recent previous announcement, this is what 'HC' contributor Bad Walrus said:

"Basically what happened was there was a junior explorer Northern Energy Corporation who was planning to develop the Colton project in the Maryborough Basin. They signed up for a take or pay arrangement with Stage 1 WICET.

When New Hope took over Northern Energy in 2011 they inherited the contract, and then didn't end up developing the Colton Mine. When they realised it was a shit mine and the WICET liability increased, New Hope put Northern Energy into administration in 2018 and took an impairment on the asset.

Then New Hope argued that they were no longer liable for the take or pay obligation as Northern Energy was in administration, but WICET are still chasing them for the cash. Its not going to break them obviously but I thought this court case was done and dusted."

-------------------------

I'd add that the settlement amount is miniscule compared to the cash NHC is generating. That said, an outcome where NHC had most of its legal costs reimbursed and it didn't have to pay anything more would have been better but we don't live in Nirvana.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.94
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.209B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.05 $5.07 $4.94 $6.421M 1.291M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 7277 $4.94

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.95 26999 46
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.17pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.