MTE 0.00% 3.0¢ metrocoal limited

Ann: Columboola JV Increases Resource to 1.297 Bi, page-16

1. 49 Posts.
    re: Ann: Columboola JV Increases Resource to ... Banksy,
    Similarly, I’m also very confused what Hypermax is trying to say. Regarding O/C Highwall it stands for open cut highwall which is a final rock wall that is generated when the pits reach their economic limit or strip ratio. My guess what Hypermax may be suggesting is that MTE may deploy Highwall mining method to extract coal from Bundi deposit. This mining method involves the use of remotely controlled (i.e. with video cameras etc.) continuous miner and series of interconnected belt conveyors to drive series of parallel openings/tunnels into the coal seam from final highwall. This mining method is DEFINITELY NOT SUITABLE for mining at Bundi or Columboola deposits. These deposits will be mined using longwall systems. At Bundi project, I expect longwall mining will involve sequential development of sets of heading gate roads approximately 300m apart and several kilometres long to produce a longwall panels that will be mined using longwall system (i.e. as longwall unit retreat back to the main headings). With seam thickness at Bundi varying between 3 – 7m the longwall unit likely to be deployed at this site would be capable of recovering 3 – 5m of coal and achieve retreating rates around 15m – 20m per day.
    Hope this was helpful.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MTE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.