GRV 4.00% 7.2¢ greenvale energy ltd

indeed. I held this stock for over a decade. bought in the early...

1. 2,472 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 274
    indeed. I held this stock for over a decade. bought in the early 2010s. I've engaged with this company when the names in management were totally different. and there was precious little traction in that time. and, having spoken to members of that management team, I can tell you it wasn't for want of trying. they tried. but for a variety of reasons just could not make alpha work.

I resigned to my fate on this stock until there was renewed vigour with the arrival of new management. but now the hubris around the new team seems to be dissipating and the old realities setting in.

but for the life of me I can't see how and why geothermal has anything to do with bitumen.

I spoke to the company a long time ago and it was hinted that there would be a disposal of alpha because the product mix between the east tennant and alpha was too different. I have a close friend who is a manager for a mine in a very large multinational who agreed with heading in that direction.

now we're led to believe they alpha and geothermal power protection should operate in the same company? that seems absurd.

some here claim that the company is always "conservative" with its estimates. I'd point to the overly optimistic estimations of PFS timeframes to be evidence to the contrary. if we've seen anything it's that this company is anything but conservative in its estimates.

and to speak to another posters point - the highest parcel I bought in at was 40c. after a long time holding, and buying, in the single digits and teens. I made my profit on this company, so I bear it, or it's holders, any ill will.

my honest opinion is they in order for alpha to work, macro environment changes need to occur. things outside of the control of a company this size. it may get lucky and those changes occur, but that's all it'll be, luck.

geothermal I have no idea about. but I suspect if the numbers do come up looking good, once again, there'll probably be talk of ditching alpha.

the only saving grace I can think of is that if the numbers for geothermal are bad, but are made "good" by balancing out the numbers at alpha. but.... jimminy cricket.... it's hard enough to make money on a simple operation, let alone one complex operation that's dependant on another complex operation. each with their own macro economic vulnerabilities.

but what do I know.... I'm just an angry bitter private jet wannabe owner. don't listen to me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GRV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.2¢
Change
-0.003(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $31.69M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.0¢ 8.0¢ 7.2¢ $7.849K 104.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 350000 7.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.0¢ 80000 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.59pm 21/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.2¢
  Change
-0.003 ( 1.41 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.2¢ 7.2¢ 7.2¢ 12510
Last updated 12.59pm 21/05/2024 ?
GRV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.