NEU 2.90% $19.86 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

Fantastic post hottod, and some great insights I hadn't thought...

1. 372 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1095
    Fantastic post hottod, and some great insights I hadn't thought about the significance of the lack of author, large disclaimer and highly emotive language.
    As you alluded to, I think it's important to keep in mind how bad Retts is as a disease independent of any treatment side-effects. I have a niece with Retts and she has had multiple stays in intensive care due to all sorts of adverse events (she is not taking Daybue). It's been touch and go whether she would survive several times. She can't walk, can't control any movements, can't feed herself, no verbalising, etc. I think Mellan, the case many of us are familiar with here, is actually a relatively high functioning case of Retts. I think many are far worse than her and have a huge range of serious health issues as a result.

Daybue is not a cure and one would expect Retts patients to continue to exhibit many adverse events due to the underlying disease despite (not because of) Daybue. One would certainly hope the level of adverse events would be lower. But to anyone not familiar with how serious Retts is it is probably easy to be spooked into thinking the high rate of serious complications is related to the drug.

Related to this, I wouldn't be surprised if a proportion of Daybue discontinuations could be unrelated to Daybue. For example, if a patient goes into hospital for a life threatening issue (eg perhaps after catching Covid) they may well have to stop treatment while they recover from the illness.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$19.86
Change
0.560(2.90%)
Mkt cap ! $2.538B
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.80 $20.00 $19.40 $3.777M 191.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1060 $19.83

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$19.87 209 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.