SHE 0.00% 0.9¢ stonehorse energy limited

Ann: Commercial Protean Wave Farm Approval for the Maldives, page-29

1. 461 Posts.
    Hi All

Despite the really encouraging announcements of positive wet testing and the development and trialing of Protean WEC power arrays our SP continues to decline. I have speculated before that it might be one or more bigger players with exit strategies including selling on positive announcements. Another possibility could be the complexity of this technology and the difficulties potential shareholders have in calculating SHE's potential income from this technology. In response I thought I'd get out the old envelope and try and throw a few figures together. So here goes (gulp!):

The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) advises that in calculating a WEC's absorbed power converted into electrical power we generally have an efficiency of 70%. From what we know each Protean WEC has an output of approximately 1.5 Kwh. So for one Protean WEC we have 1.5 Kwh x .7 giving us 1.05 Kwh x 24 hrs x 365 days per year giving us a total yearly power production of 9198 kwh's for each WEC. If we multiply this by 30 for the power array we have 275,940 kwh's of production. Of course out of this comes manufacture, deployment and maintenance costs. I can't get hold off figures for off grid energy costs and I guess these will vary. I have read that rates for grid power range from 12c to 50c per Kwh. If we said 25c for each Kwh generated then what does an array generate per year? I calculate it at $68,985 per power array, of course minus costs. If this is correct then there is considerable earning potential with, all going well, large numbers of arrays operating around the globe?

Readers by all means please critique this, maths never was my strong point and I'm interested perhaps in more knowledgeable posters taking up the batten and having a go at speculating on the power outputs and earning potentials of the Protean WEC.

All IMO.

Best wishes all holders.

Regards,

Chilloutman

Ps apologies if I've ballsed it up, my nightmare job would be a maths teacher!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.159M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.9¢ 0.9¢ 0.9¢ $284 31.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 157090 0.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 1000404 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.31pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SHE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.