BOE 0.74% $5.37 boss energy ltd

AI explanation of Ion exchange that I found interesting...Ion...

1. 249 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35

AI explanation of Ion exchange that I found interesting...

Ion exchange is a chemical process that allows the selective removal and concentration of uranium from underground solutions that are pumped from wellfields or in-situ recovery operations.

Here's a general overview:

1. Uranium is present in the underground solution in the form of uranium ions (U4+,
      0022+).
    2. The solution is pumped over an ion exchange resin - synthetic beads with a very high surface area impregnated with electron-donating functional groups.
    3. The functional groups on the resin beads are designed to be chemically attracted to and bind the uranyl ions through an ion exchange mechanism.
    4. As the solution passes through columns packed with the resin, the uranyl ions preferentially attach to the resin, displacing more weakly bound ions like chloride.
    5. This effectively concentrates and separates the uranium from the bulk solution onto the resin beads.
    6. Once the resin is loaded with uranium to capacity, it is flushed with another solution that reverses the ion exchange, stripping the uranium off to produce a very concentrated uranium solution.
    7. This concentrated solution then goes through further processing like precipitation, drying and calcining to produce uranium oxide (U308) powder.

The ion exchange step exploits uranium's ionic properties and high affinity for the resin to efficiently extract and concentrate it by orders of magnitude from very dilute solutions.

High resin loading and elution performance are critical for efficient uranium recovery economics.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.37
Change
-0.040(0.74%)
Mkt cap ! $2.194B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.40 $5.44 $5.33 $17.29M 3.216M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 43438 $5.36

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.38 21895 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$5.36
  Change
-0.040 ( 1.21 %)
Open High Low Volume
$5.39 $5.44 $5.33 512713
Last updated 15.59pm 24/05/2024 ?
BOE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.