BLG 3.23% 3.0¢ bluglass limited

Ann: Company Presentation - Photonics West, page-15

1. 99 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    A degree in photonics and/or patent law would be very handy here (anyone?); unfortunately I have neither, and a very basic knowledge of the subject, so my opinion has to be based on the consolidated views of those that have a deeper understanding. Having said that, from what I can extrapolate from the various articles and data sets presented, this tech is next level and has numerous applications, many of which are yet to be explored.

Once the facility upgrades have been completed, including the retrofit of the latest Aixtron machine/s (due this quarter I believe?), BLG will have the means to prove scalability and and efficacy of said tech. It will also provide increased revenue and R&D avenues - new collaborations and opportunities should follow, furthering future prospects. This would hopefully lead to a string of positive announcements helping to push the SP in it's current direction.

If I'm honest, I'm on the fence with regards to a Lumileds deal as it sounds like they're trying to squeeze BLG for a disproportionate slice of the pie, when a mutually beneficial deal would surely be more productive long-term. The Lumileds patent lodgement seems to be a fly in the ointment, but bearing in mind that BLG has already traded at 0.53 within the past 12 months (before any mention of tunnel junction capability mind you), indicates that there is potentially exponential room for growth; if MOCVD is currently the industry standard and RPCVD is cheaper, more versatile, efficient and environmentally friendly, then it makes sense to adopt it. 

If a compromise can be negotiated with Lumileds which allows BLG to diversify, then great; but if the proposed deal is overly restrictive, then maybe they are better off taking their chances on the open market?

Cheers, just riffin'

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.0¢
Change
-0.001(3.23%)
Mkt cap ! $54.81M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.0¢ 3.0¢ 3.0¢ $23.1K 770K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 335990 2.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.0¢ 35736 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.37pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.