ONT 0.00% $7.13 1300 smiles limited

If we read this announcement, it says:Mr Wyatt is an experience...

1. 744 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 238
    If we read this announcement, it says:

Mr Wyatt is an experience accountant and finance professional and is engaged as Financial Controller of the Company. The Board welcomes Mr Wyatt in his role as Company Secretary.

So, when ONT appointed Patrick Wyatt to be the Company Secretary on 20 July 2018, he was supposed to be the financial controller of the company as well.

At that time, I doubted that he would hang around for a long time.

Today, I've just discovered that he has moved on to Sheraton Grand Mirage Port Douglas to become Director of Finance.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/patrick-wyatt-86283443/?originalSubdomain=au

He stayed as a Financial Controller at ONT for a grand total of 4 months.

Since his name is still listed in the latest annual report as the company secretary of ONT, this means that he has agreed to assist ONT as a part time company secretary, while taking his full time job at the Sheraton.

After some digging, I managed to find a new employee in charge of finance at ONT:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/chris-hains-5aba7969/?originalSubdomain=au

Chris only started in June 2019, so he's only been around for 3 months. His official title is Finance Team Lead.

It will be interesting to follow how long Chris stays on as Finance Team Lead and Natalie Duve stays on as Operations Manager.

---

I find this never ending rotating door in the finance department very concerning. I wonder what makes people don't want to stay for long in these finance roles at ONT?

If there is no independent person in charge of that department, the numbers presented by the company need to be scrutinised even more.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ONT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.