4DS 2.13% 9.2¢ 4ds memory limited

Haha you should focus on the mangos mate! If you thought a sale...

1. 237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 441
    Haha you should focus on the mangos mate!

If you thought a sale would magically happen as soon as they had MB chip success, then, I am sorry to say you have a perception of the situation that is massively removed from the reality.

The company's own admissions highlight that the acquirer would need spend a significant sum (on top of acquisition costs) to produce a product. That means lots of development work from 60nm MB chip --------> a product a company can sell. Be thankful they got it to work and it didn’t all implode.

I am completely fine with this announcement and it is largely in line with my expectations.

1) they are continuing to further optimise at 60nm and given the rapid improvements we have already witnessed during the development cycle with IMEC, it is likely they will further improve speed characteristics yet again.

2) They are attempting to scale it down to 20nm, which IS the actual process node that a product would be engineered at and much in line with point 1, assuming success, they will very likely improve on speed characteristics yet again. Most importantly and one of the driving factors for me investing in 4DS all those years ago is its novel design and theoretical ability to scale down without the same issues that every other (filamentary) reram faces.

Assuming success, these next steps will continue to add significant value to the company, which I believe is undervalued by the ASX.

An interested party can potentially acquire at any point in time. Dave was quoted recently, “once someone (i.e. WD) have seen enough, they will present an offer” or words to that effect. It is only logical that 4DS continue this development work as they both have the time (whilst a potential M&A deal is formed) and they have the cash (through an extensive cap raise and successive options conversions).

I have always thought that the sales bonus pool was a bit light and generous, yet even with the exceedingly low bonus tiers, the company is still valued under any sales bonus at all. So, I am fine to see the share price decline as I can purchase more shares without any of the risk I carried the past 5 years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.2¢
Change
-0.002(2.13%)
Mkt cap ! $162.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.2¢ 9.2¢ 9.1¢ $31.80K 347.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 222112 9.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.3¢ 70467 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.15pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.