NOR 2.08% 4.7¢ norwood systems limited

Ann: Company Update and Quarterly Reporting-NOR.AX, page-231

1. 5,017 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 166
    The share price certainly is no indication of whether the company will run out of money.

The problem is though, that if capital needs to be raised - via a placement or share purchase plan - this has a dilutionary effect.

If NOR wants to raise $5million to carry on their development and marketing, they would need to issue ~150 million shares . This would dilute existing holders by around 20%. Like giving away 20% of your shares.

If they raised the same $5 million when the share price was say.. 10c they only need to sell 5 million shares. You only need to give away 1/3 of your shares.

So the higher the price, the lower the dictionary impact.. better for existing holders, better for confidence etc. As it falls lower, the opposite occurs and its somewhat compounding. Fear of a CR, lower price, lower price... more fear, fear grows then when a raise happens they are giving away larger and larger chunks of their company.

I hold NWZ for example. Bought it near an all time low at 2.2c it was heading down down down.. I bought knowing a capital raising was imminent. The capital raising was low, it was at 1c. This happened in just the last few weeks.

Suddenly, from an all time low, the share price fell almost 50% again. Anything is possible and when the companies need cash - they have very few options. The fundraising market right now is brutal for non profitable tech companies.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
-0.001(2.08%)
Mkt cap ! $22.32M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.4¢ 4.7¢ 4.2¢ $19.38K 424.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 231096 4.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 142144 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.