TAP 0.00% 7.8¢ tap oil limited

Fair response. I have been with them for a long time and in...

1. 844 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 118
    Fair response. I have been with them for a long time and in retrospect the main thing they did wrong was not to hedge when taking on the debt facility. That was a big mistake, but I don't recall anyone doing much hedging or predicting what would happen to oil at the time.
    Apart from that I think they have executed well for a small cap and Manora in any other time would have been a winner.
    How could they have predicted Chatchai?
    I agree that it is a mess, but Tap surprisingly hasn't fallen as much as the likes of Santos.
    I agree with Auto's comments from yesterday, but I don't hold the company responsible for poor decision making (except maybe for the hedging). Its easy to throw stones in the midst of an oil price rout.

You ask for something to believe in? I don't have much except that Risco coming onto the register is a big positive - extra competency to deal with Chatchai. Whether you get out is up to you.
    My portfolio is very diverse and my Tap holding only represents 1% (now!). So for me there is more upside than downside from here.
    No one knows whether oil has bottomed - the views differ (wildly).

As for the hedging, the info that I would want to know is how quickly the hedging needs to be put in place and for how long each time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.