TAP 0.00% 7.8¢ tap oil limited

BP Nobody knows whether Riscos investment will be profitable in...

1. 20,369 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1988
    BP
    Nobody knows whether Riscos investment will be profitable in the end or not. No doubt they are buying on the view they will make money LT, but any investor , Insto , corporate or otherwise can get it right or wrong . Let's not forget they were also buying in the mid 30s not long ago

Field decline rates very , but you will find is the decline in first 2-3 years is steep without development drilling and intervention. Development drilling is unlike appraisal or exploration drilling , it must happen to extract the given reserves and maintain a decent production rate. As tap is not keen on spending more money I think we may see more production decline. I would model decline at 20% at least

The analysis I have read on TAP assuming a 55 oil price next year rising to 80 in 3 years is valuation wise it's worth 30c . This was a few months back and before the latest developments which may wipe off another 5-7c . My view is TAP is worth about 20-25 given the risks and the fact you can by other oil stocks cheaply

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.