OBM 0.00% 33.5¢ ora banda mining ltd

Ladytradr - just using as mine feed the ore from two underground...

1. zog
    2,904 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 852
    Ladytradr - just using as mine feed the ore from two underground mines and not using available open pit ore is called "high grading". Whilst thisd practice gives the company a "sugar hit" and boosts its production temporally is then has a sting in its tails which is that the open pit ore is sterilized and not processed since to do so would cause production to drop and AISC cost to rise. Good management practice is to aviod this outcome (and thus increase life of mine) by conserving production at a sustainable level by blending high grade underground ore with open pit (lower grade ore) so as to increase the life of mine at a sustainable production level. If OBM were to start "high grading" and sterilizing open pit ore this would be obvious to informed investors and thus inadvisable (i.e Hawkes point would surreptitiously be selling out). We will see what happens but IMO it's not good long term strategy to "high grade" and thus sterilize lower grade ore and then take a hit when the high grade ore runs out.

What companies sometimes do is still mine the low grade ore and send it to stockpiles and claim the low grade mining and haulage costs as credits against their AISC (but they don't process it). When the high grade ore runs out then they process their stockpiles and use the excuse that they are producing lots of cash (but little profit) since they must then debit the stockpiled mining/haulage against their AISC (which they used as a credit when it was mined and stockpiled). Something to look out for in the quarterlies should it happen.but I would prefer sustainable production and avoid sterilizing stockpiled open pit ore which shortens life of mine for a short "sugar hit".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OBM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
33.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $621.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
33.0¢ 33.8¢ 33.0¢ $305.8K 920.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 74851 32.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
33.5¢ 152311 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
33.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.23 %)
Open High Low Volume
33.5¢ 33.5¢ 33.0¢ 216183
Last updated 15.32pm 28/05/2024 ?
OBM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.