5GG 14.6% 4.7¢ pentanet limited

I understand your concern regarding lack of the finer details,...

1. 308 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I understand your concern regarding lack of the finer details, however I disagree that its an issue. This announcement addresses your exact concern, they are going to start providing "mid tier plans" and limiting what's available for free, a good move from what I can see. The pyramid is (deliberately?) broken into 6 parts? So is that their way of saying 1/6 users are paying for the service at the moment? I'm unsure and agree with you this could be clearer.

Any new service, the new goal is as much outreach as possible, then convert to paying subscribers. Geforce now is no different, I have personally tried the product and is is fantastic. I have a $4000+ gaming PC though so I do not need this service as my hardware can handle what I need for the moment. I imagine the target audience is mum and dads whose kids want to upgrade from playing on iphones or outdated consoles etc etc. The issue with this is, that the parents and just people in general either A) aren't aware of Geforce now, or B) don't understand what it actually is and the benefits of it. This is a huge area where I believe Pentanet can improve in regards to Geforce now, really getting the information out there in a format people of all ages and levels of tech savviness can understand. The best way to do that is to offer a free trial, same as what netflix, youtube premium, spotify etc do. What parent would not want to pay $20 per month so their kids can play all the games they desire in far better and more competitive quality than what they're currently using, especially given the headaches at the moment trying to find a PS5 to buy or new generation graphics cards. Let alone the fact its $20 a month vs $1,000's in initial outlay for other gaming products.

The other important thing is this is the transition period, a lot of people who are actively using the free version, will not be able to return to whatever console, PC, tablet they were previously using, simply due to the downgrade that would be after using Geforce now. The best analogy I can give would be, now that we are used to watching movies in 4K or 1080p, watching movies in 480p or less is simply unwatchable (for me atleast). I am used to playing most games on 240FPS or above, I cannot play games on a PS4 (60FPS) or PS5 (120FPS) simply because it appears blurry and just far worse quality. This is why I think there will be a SIGNIFICANT number of people converting to paying memberships once Pentanet release the mid tier plans, simply because they cannot go back to worse quality once they have seen the other side. People dont play PS1 or PS2 anymore for the exact reason I have explained, its a downgrade from what we are now used to.

As per the map of Australia, there are now 60,000 people interstate who are also now aware of Pentanet, starting to get the brand name in other states can never be a bad thing.

Of course I could be wrong, but as an avid Perth based gamer myself, I REALLY do understand the benefits of this product. I would say of the 100,000 people using the service, most would have already been gamers. I say that because its a new product and usually the first people to adopt a new product are already using some sort of existing product in the same field, whereas the mum and dad types would want to wait and see rather jumping into a new product on the launch. So my optimistic way of looking at this would be that what I believe is the PERFECT target audience, may not even have discovered the product yet...... kids going back to school, information about how good geforce now is can spread and snowball quickly.

I'm aware this is a very optimistic analysis, but it is the way I am looking at it heading forwards. I could be wrong and this is CERTAINLY not advice.

Goodluck

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 5GG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
0.006(14.6%)
Mkt cap ! $20.35M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.2¢ 4.8¢ 4.2¢ $158.1K 3.453M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 410344 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 17280 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
5GG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.