ACO 0.00% $3.43 australian careers network limited

As a matter of history ACO’s growth in student numbers and...

1. 113 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    As a matter of history ACO’s growth in student numbers and cashflow provided a somewhat compelling story. Perhaps risky in the light other fallen providers. But the company appeared to genuine in its offer vocational education offer - short, cert iV and diploma etc. While some issues were identified in the earlier 2015 audit, ACO had established its oversight committee with experienced and qualified persons including Martin-Williams, Hall and Jansen.  The company appeared to resolving non compliance matters…blah…blah… blah.  

But Giosama at least now I get where you are coming from - presumably engaged in the vocational education industry. Relatively well informed, a regular ACO poster yet you hold no shares.

But seems to me you support the idea ACO should lose registration and or go broke? Perhaps your are right. As stated previously my investment is written off here - so I don't really care - but for any association with duds and systemic unethical behaviour if that’s what occurred.  

But before we visit the grave site - just a few questions and comments for you to ponder.

Have the authorities objectively “exhausted all opportunities for rectification or contract improvement by ACO".

The less significant point is around assurances. But I think we can assume ACO would provide assurance of ”protection of prepayments or study access" but if there is impingement do so its to do with suspension of Vet payments and other legal action.

So while I agree I might not be thrilled by an unregistered electrician signing off on an electrical safety certificate in prosecuting my case I might have far less cause if the work itself (despite registration) was in fact compliant, particularly if I was doing something to prevent the electrician became registered or the electrician became registered in the meantime. Perhaps the analogy is too difficult in this case.

"You might see though that ACO seem to be continuing to skate on thin ice at the edge of court orders". What exactly are we talking about here? Some low socio economic people who were duped into signing up a course they would not complete - on the basis of a free laptop and probably never having to pay back? Not exactly murder. So ACO did not comply - yes ACO are idiots and I’ll not defend abhorrent practices but pays to let the facts speak on numbers of these cases verses other cases where ACO were compliant. And in any case government must ensure sufficient notice and opportunity is furnished to the non-complying party. Unfettered indiscriminate power by authorities is generally not law in this country.

On point 3 in "Can ACO survive" there are after all remedies for false and misleading representations/engaging in unconscionable conduct and such remedies do not necessarily go to the heart of operational licences. http://www.australiancontractlaw.com/law/remedies.html

My heart goes out to the students also. But something tells me those allegedly duped will have their loans forgiven…in the end. The truth is that the loans were probably never going to paid back, or if they were paid back, then ACO’s courses probably played part in achieving the success intended.

More so my heart goes out to taxpayers wasting money on schemes which do not deliver generally. In that regard government TAFE was also historically complicit in delivering little benefit.  

My heart also goes out to shareholders who entrusted ACO to do the right thing.  

DET had better be right on their course of cation. Similarly ASQA.
    Last edited by sachmodog: 17/02/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ACO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.