IBG 50.0% 0.3¢ ironbark zinc ltd

Initially when I invested in this stock a long time ago, I...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 43,453 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1026
    Initially when I invested in this stock a long time ago, I always thought to have 2 big dogs in the Zinc world to be the no, 1&2 holders were an asset to itself no the significance of the deposit and fundamentals of the project. There has been a lot of disappointment along the way predominantly macro events outside the company's control ie. GFC, trendless zinc price for a decade and other political and economic factors.

For a long time i used to just look at the fundamentals and believed that in time the market will realise the importance of the size of the deposit and all that 'jazz'. This days I just look purely at the only measureable sentiment of what the market thinks and that is the price trend. Various commentaries from diehard holders to the more profit seeking capital protecting investors were all expecting the ML to propel the sentiment back to this stock, me included. It is the reaction I measure as well as the longer term charts because regardless of 'smart or dumb' money, the chart do not tell lies and cannot be spun to anyone's advantage. Rumourage and opinions can be dressed up as facts though in some cases. I won't go into this slippery and rubbery world of debate that has so conclusive proof either way.

It was a spike more than a sentiment reversal of fortune so far from market reactions. The initial gap and spike post TH in dec was in retrospect a selling opportunity but impossible to gauge at the time. On such a major news for the company where holders and potential holders were anticipating this news, the late comers took another shot from discounts applied initially to the original spike but could managed only equal highs at the next price swing.

Price has now fallen back dramatically but price do not fall or rise in a straight line. It comes in waves of lower or higher peaks depending if it is falling from the top or rising from the bottom. Why is 12.5C a peak? I can only come up by reading the history and observe it was the closing/opening price of the previous weekly candle spike in May 2016. This is the easy bit to find a reason after the event. We all do it by reviewing charts and try to find a 'credible' reason for what we can see.

Where is price reaching for in the future is only guesswork. I see and have been saying for a long time that finance for the project remains the biggest issue because the big 2 holders are sitting on their a@#e passively either through their own balance sheet problems or for whatever reason is not acting. Market cap 40M trying to fund a project if I recall 10 times size of that MC is where the market is not factoring in much chances but it is always possible. Nothing is ever factored ast Zero chance.

My experience of investing in Zinc and IBG have been disappointing to say the least and you can see zinc companies are littered with high profile collapses, ZFX and KZL. You will need a long patience to hold this stock to get to where every LT holders are hoping for. I get bagged a lot here but I am not speaking from a swing trade opportunities but as a LTBH expecting a moonshot a long time ago. Good luck.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IBG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.