OAK 0.00% 6.2¢ oakridge international limited

Ann: Company Update, page-31

1. 3,574 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1263
    Correct.

Yes, sorry, I mean't the connection to Intel and their customers.

So what are the potential benefits as a manufacturer?

If I were making white goods/lighting/switches, etc I would love to be able to advertise the ability to provide:
    - Remote access and control from smart phones and tablets.
    - Remote system updates to fix bugs.
    - Ability to automatically report faults back to the manufacturer, often before the customer is aware of a fault....and rectify online where possible.
    - Automatic customer registration of goods ownership.
    - Greater awareness of how a customer uses my product for future R & D.
    - Product cross promotion through apps and registered owners email.

Its all about having the edge on your competitor and knowledge is power. The more you know about your customers and their needs, the better you can target your products.

If the Phillips Hue lighting is the first mover in lighting to have this kind of connectivity then I for one would choose them over X,Y,Z competitor.

Initially it will be 'cool' to be connected to your home and have full remote control over household items from your mobile....however eventually this kind of tech will be a must, followed by standard issue.

Eventually there will be a generation that don't know a time when you weren't connected to your home and its appliances..... just like today's kids with the internet, tablets and smart phones.

Its going to happen and we are just on the cusp now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.