4DS 0.00% 7.9¢ 4ds memory limited

It's a spec stock, so failure is an option. It's not finished,...

1. 82 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    It's a spec stock, so failure is an option. It's not finished, and where they are now is a product of some key decisions, but where they were before the decisions were made is still a fundamental stepping stone. When I heard the mask solution, in my head, with not a mountain of background in the field, I thought 'that can't not impact the performance somehow.' And it did, apparently. So now they can either modify the mask, try a different solution, or roll back to cells that showed different but promising results. In any case, that first doubt, whether it can work at all, remains unresolved. My head has marked this as a wash and I am probably in a position not of putting in the drawer to forget about it, but rather putting it in a drawer to sell it to offset income in a better financial year. At this point, it's a lesson - but I was never an all-in person.

I kind of feel like what is needed to rememdy this is something they've never been willing to do - be a bit more active than running a single test on a single verson per year, half of which they appear to sit on their hands. While costs would increase for them to be expanding their approaches in different directions, trying out different modifications, nothing is more expensive than a really slow, really drawn out failure. There should have been a different version, even versions fully expected to fail but trying out some wild ideas, every quarter, ongoing, constantly. Burn through that cash, find out if it doesn't work, and close up shop if it's going nowhere. I guarantee shareholders would rather be throwing money at wild ideas in iteration only to lose early than to spend, what, hundreds of millions in admin costs over a decade.

One thing that always bugged me about this forum is people quoting JD in trying to figure out the sale pace, the whole 'we're here to rob banks' thing. As if it's somehow important that an investor expressed a desire to make lots of money on an investment, or some sign of competence. Oh well, lessons learned.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $139.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.2¢ 8.7¢ 7.9¢ $483.9K 5.883M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 649430 7.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.1¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.