4DS 0.00% 7.9¢ 4ds memory limited

I usually don't get involved in the forums when something like...

1. 191 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 67
    I usually don't get involved in the forums when something like this happens to one of my holdings, but I'll bite.

I'm not of the impression that this is all doom and gloom, but nor do I have rose-coloured glasses. The is obviously a major blow and has resulted in a lot of uncertainty and downside risk for this company. BUT, I think the moment the drop happened yesterday was when the market took that into account and realised the vast bulk of that downside. I can see a bit of volatility in the SP over the next week or two, likely flooring at around 0.025c. The volatility I think will be a function of day traders, residual panic sellers, opportunity buyers, and that there isn't a clear path forward at the moment. For me, selling now is not something I'm interested in as I would see it as an uneducated decision. I need to see what the company has planned as a way forward before I decide whether it is worth retaining my holding or not.

This sort of drop is different to other similar (30%+) drops I've seen in some of my past holdings. I've held an oil company that had one major prospective zone that ended up a duster - I sold that because they had nothing else. I've held a software company that relied on a major partner and that partner pulled out - I sold that because they had nothing else. I've held a gas company that relied on a licence being granted and the government canned it - I sold that because they had nothing else. I don't see that for 4DS. Not saying it doesn't look grim, it does, but until we know about root cause, what's happening with IMEC, and whether there is a way forward, then the end of the tunnel is round a bend and who knows whether there is light or not. I came into this stock with a boom or bust outlook, it was always a gamble and I allocated a portion of my portfolio accordingly. The difference between selling now for 0.025-0.03c and selling in a few weeks for what will likely be the same or slightly lower - well, I'm willing to take that gamble as well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $139.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.2¢ 8.7¢ 7.9¢ $483.9K 5.883M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 649430 7.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.1¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.