CLB 0.00% $1.10 candy club holdings limited

This is gone - all that remains is a capital loss on your tax...

1. 274 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 77
    This is gone - all that remains is a capital loss on your tax return (if you manage to sell the shares or transfer them to another person before EOFY). Until sold or transferred, you do not even have the tax deduction.

What is still unclear:
    - Candy Club LLC is still trading and selling candy and there are employees on LinkedIn
    - There was millions of dollars worth of stock in inventory and the 2 busiesest trading periods have not been accounted for (Halloween and Christmas). If the LLC sold all the candy in inventory without further production, they would have come close ot paying the debt off - perhaps if they structured some sort of deal of paying back Xc in the dollar, then it may have worked.
    - In the administrators notes they said the LLC had zero value. The LLC owns the website, the branding and the inventory. I do not understand how it has zero value. What is unclear is what they did with its assets (inventory, brand, website, etc), i.e. were they transferred to the creditor? Or is the creditor running the LLC until they get their money back (happens in some US jusridictions).
    - If the ownership has been transferred to the LLC then there is nothing left in AU - just an ASX shell
    - The directors have all resigned - what is unclear is if they still have involvement with the LLC .... the LLC is the actual business no the ASX entity. The ASX listing just owns?/owned? the shares of the LLC. Remember that the directors appointed the administrator so it is likely they were on good terms with them and received favourable treatment (unofficially - no director would appoint an unfriendly administrator).
    - While I can not be sure, this is all very murky and the fact that there is no accounts for the millions of dollars worth of sales for the 2 biggest quarters of the year is very poor governance and appears quite shady.
    - The new directors look to be picking over the bones and possibly just looking to use the ASX shell for a backdoor listing - they probably have zero interest in looking at the former business or trying to find out if something shady went down.
    - I do not have the time or resources to pursue this, but perhaps one of you does ... it would be great to know who owns the LLC in the US, whether the former directors are involved and whether the LLC was sold for an appropriate price. I think there are methods of find this out in the US - but that is where my knowledge ends.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.