CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

I think the most concerning part I've seen for shareholders in a...

1. 639 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 656
    I think the most concerning part I've seen for shareholders in a while are the final 2 lines of the Cannabiz article recently posted:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6042/6042769-908b1db7685c67d7ee7f62d20f8b80e2.jpg
    "little difference to THE COMPANY"

"no practical difference toUS"

Not shareholders. Not other stakeholders. "The Company" and "Us".

There is a substantial lack of consideration for anyone outside of the company and its remuneration table in my opinion (and others, as it appears).

There is a significant difference to shareholders due to the de-listing/removal - inability to trade/liquidate holdings and much less visibility of activity. If I take out an $8million loan and don't pay it back, there's little difference to me (aside from the nice spending spree that caused funds to diminish) - I'm not losing my own money. But there's a big difference to the lender. It's a rather one-sided outlook.

Different here of course as it is spec investing (equity) & not loaning (debt) - sure - but you can't throw fiduciary duty out the window as it's still a company.

I am personally quite surprised that, for a company who allegedly has to undergo re-compliance yet again, there has been no shareholder vote to approve the prospective plans and/or acquisition in the first place.

There was no AGM last year either though. Some may recall the 'revolt' (per a news article) shown by 32% of shareholders voting against the remuneration approval vote at the 2022 AGM. If there was more than 25% against again in 2023 that would have triggered a board spill/review as far as I could tell from the articles around. Strategic avoidance?
    Last edited by Luke164: 21/03/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.