MEK 0.00% 5.4¢ meeka metals limited

I think the funding method is fine. It takes on various...

1. 15,410 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1379
    I think the funding method is fine. It takes on various components that get stiched together. There's no question that the mine is edgy but that's where the return lies. If you take a helicopter view, you have gold in the ground at $3,700/ oz. You can produce it at say $2,500. How do you access the profit margin?

You borrow money drill it up and produce it. Yes, some of the debt is expensive but you promise some of gold to the lender. To help you lock in some of the price of the gold you hedge a portion. What you do later, as risk reduces in production, is refinance and buy back some of the hedge and gold stream as is in the contract.

If someone wants more security try another gold stock e.g. CMM (Capricorn Metals) or Regis. I have, they are more advanced and lower risk but the former is extremely well run so highly priced.

Now still from a helicopter view a person has two options to invest if they think the gold price is going to rise.
    1. buy physical gold or futures which is leveraged.
    2. buy gold shares which has risk from many sources.

The key to the latter route is management ability which I rate highly. I'm simply taking the latter view on this company for my extended portfolio.

Now I didn't want to say, this but a lot of this is what I learned in my MSc in Mineral Economics but more from common practice. Not the helicopter view that's oversimplified. @goldinvo is just as justified in what he said pointing out the risks.

I certainly don't think anyone should take a huge swag of this. Just some to round out your overall portfolio if it suits.
    Remembering the only free lunch in investment is diversification.

All IMVHO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $69.14M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.4¢ 5.6¢ 5.3¢ $295.1K 5.443M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 50000 5.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 333340 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.56pm 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.