PTL 0.00% 19.0¢ prestal holdings limited

Another rival is Gift Baskets (though the eponymous website...

1. 10,429 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1386
    Another rival is Gift Baskets (though the eponymous website lacks an 's' in 'baskets').

It's ranked #15498 in Oz and #446406 worldwide, so well below HwB in popularity, at least from website visits.

The 'Choc a Block hamper' for A$99 on which I clicked must be the poorest value hamper of any operator I've seen: 40 tiny 'bite sized' chocolates, akin to a Cadbury 'Favourites' box. No imagination.

Snowgoose is a more highly priced competitor. Its website is professional, but many hampers are fruit-based. I'd question how well some fruit like blueberries would stand up to delivery delays and possible transportation in a non-refrigerated courier van on a warmer day in Australia. It has a note on the Snowgoose website stating that courier partners including StarTrack have advised of 'delivery delays'.

Snowgoose only achieves a website ranking of 724906 worldwide and #19422 in Oz, so again, way below HwB. It's very much airmed at the corporate market (which is no criticism, as that's 70 per cent of HwB's sales). A hamper for A$480 including Dom Perignon would be beyond the price point many personal shoppers would pay for a hamper as a gift to a friend.

A crowded market, so a great achievement for PTL subsidiary HwB to be number #2 - assuming it can keep that close to pole position.

Last edited by Hopeful9: 01/10/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $32.38M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 18508 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.5¢ 80848 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.25am 18/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PTL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.