GNM 0.00% 1.2¢ great northern minerals limited

you allude to us crossing paths before, something i'm not aware...

1. 10,941 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 898
    you allude to us crossing paths before, something i'm not aware of, however, i wouldnt have given you "advise" or "advice"....i'd offer an opinion, you ultimately make your own decisions.
    as for " a reminder of what NOT to invest in", well, i'd prefer to use my capital more wisely, i still possess a memory thats more than capable of remembering management/transactions or whatever, that didnt go to plan, i dont need to have money tied up in a failed decision simply to "remind me"....
    If i ever get into a stock that goes pear shaped, i simply sell, take the hit and wait for the next bus...( as you claim to know me, you should have picked up that thats how i punt at this end of town).
    i make no pretence that this is a golden stock, i view it as a potential turn around, based on several factors, such as the introduction of new management, a consolidation, clean up of of assets etc etc. the signs are clues to me, i have no interest whatsoever in the the "sins of the last 9 years" or whatever.....its history.....i go into these stocks with a forward looking view.
    Occasionally i get it wrong, thats simply the cost of business.....get 4 right, get 1 wrong (as a rough average) for whatever reason.
    Am i stuck?....to a degree, yes....i started buying too early, a common error on my part, not realising the time scale that boards and dealmakers work on. However, i enjoy the illiquid nature of stocks i enter as it presents unique buying opportunities, the end game, as always, is a major liquidity event, such as an acquisition. As that event hasnt eventuated yet, i'm happy to sit tight, gnawing away at distressed sellers.....i've built a T10 position and still have ammo left over.
    If i get it wrong, the blame lies purely with me, ive done my research, i've taken onboard the negativity of certain holders ( in fact, the more folk gripe about a stock, the more it piques my interest!!).
    If it doesnt play out, i'll simply sell and move on, i have learnt (very quickly) that holding on and harping on about bad management or whatever, achieves nothing but angst and prevents you from using your capital effectively. I occasionally buy duds, but i dont hold them long, i dont have the time or interest in beating myself up about them.

No doubt, we'll chat again....i look forward to it...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.855M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.2¢ 1.2¢ 1.2¢ $139 11.62K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2300000 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 46005 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.55pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GNM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.