DEG 0.84% $1.18 de grey mining limited

Well in the real world the exact opposite has happened in Wall...

1. 628 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 264
    Well in the real world the exact opposite has happened in Wall Street trading today.
    With a name like gb girl you must surely be aware as to how bad things are in the UK and most of Europe courtesy of Mr Putin.
    Gold bear resumed today,FNV one of the best royalty stocks out there and dividend aristocrat was down 5% in trading ,this is a big move for Franco.
    I have in fact been a gold bug for nearly 40 years but the current market situation is so bad I am by no means certain that this is the bottom ,one would think that it is close to a bottom as gold markets worldwide have been decimated.DEG has in fact held up better than most but is down significantly from its high .At the first sign of bad news DEG will tank.There are 1.4 BILLION shares out there with perhaps another 1.5billion to be created to fund the plant and operate it until it can make a profit .Profitable production after a plant like this starts production in general takes 18 months minimum.
    There is no question that DEG was a great investment for early investors but how about now ,there is zero chance that it will perform as well going forward as it has over the last 3 years or so .
    There is really nothing to move the stock up for the 5 years it is going to take to establish profitable production .So if you bought at 5 cents the sensible thing to do would be to sell half and ride the rest and that is what the smart money has done ,for a new investor I wouldn’t touch it with a 10 foot pole ,too many risks and uncertainties going forward ,for the last 2 years it is in a trading range ,what could possibly move it up ,more ounces in the ground that wont be produced for 20 years ,I don't think so.
    I realize I am a lonely bear on DEG ,rallied against this opinion are the multitude of paid and unpaid boosters all of whom have a vested interest in a rosy scenario.
    Time will tell who is correct ,for now DEG has the money to operate for a couple of years, but no money yet to build a plant which will almost certainly cost 1.2-1.5 billion dollars to build no matter what the pre feasibility study says .One suspects that the two directors resigned as they were not in agreement with the cost estimates for the plant but that is pure speculation on my part .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.